After months of hard work, endless emails and phone calls, the following weekend the OPEN WATER WORLD TOUR will hold its first stage!
This Sunday, 13th of May, the first stage of the OWWT will be held in Altea, Alicante, on ground of the event MEDITERRANEAN COAST CHALLENGE.
The event will take place on Altea’s & Alfàs del Pi bay, and will hold 4 diferent distances:
- MINI-MEDITERRANEAN: 500m (special event for the young guns).
- POPULAR CROSSING: 2.000m.
- MEDITERRANEAN CROSSING: 5.500m (event included in the Spanish OWS Cup).
- MEDITERRANEAN PRO CROSSING: 10.000m (this will be the modality that will give most points for the OWWT Ranking).
We will be there to present our project and also to reward the winners of the first OWWT’18 event winners & leaders.
But this doesn’t finish here, we will be so busy the following months with our following events:
- ALMATY SWIM RACE, 1st of July in Kazahstan.
- EL CRUCE ISLA MUJERES, 7th of July in Cancun (MEXICO).
- CROWN BEACH SWIM RACE, 11th of August in Alameda, California (USA).
- ITALIAN OPEN WATER TOUR, 17th of June in Monte, 17th of July in Maccagno & 16th of September in Noli, Italy.
- SPETSES MINI MARATHON, 5-7th of October in Spetses, Greece.
All this events will give points to all swimmers for our final Ranking, but all swimmers that achieve regulated “Solo Swims” will be able to validate them to score some valuable points to fight for the final rank.
We would like to thank the commitment of all the Tour event organizers but we want to give an special mention to our official Partners, because without them, all of this would be much more difficult.
The OPEN WATER WORLD TOUR 2018 OFFICIAL PARTNERS are:
See you all in Altea at the MEDITERRANEAN COAST CHALLENGE!