Each finisher of a race gains points according to the following format:
OWWT (event) race winner time / racer time *1000
In case of equal points, goes up the swimmers that finished more events, if they finished same number of events last result on ranking decide who is on top.
RACE POINTS TO FINAL RANKING
Final Ranking Points = Σ <t event A winner / t event A> x 1000
+ <t event B winner / t event B> x 1000
+ <t event C winner / t event C> x 1000 = Final Ranking Points
t = time in hours and decimals (hh,mmm)
A,B,C : 3 best results (in points not by event ranking)
In case that only have 2 results there is no C results only A and B
OPEN WATER WORLD TOUR REGULATION
- All swimmers who take part at least in one event of the OWWT will be ranked.
- At least two events finished must be done to be considerate as a Final Ranked Swimmer and to have access to final Awards.
- The best 3 results would be taken into account to do the Final OWWT Ranking.
- A ranking for man and one for woman will be established under similar rules.
- Swimmers that score points for the final ranking achieving OW “Solo Swims” must finish at least one event of the World Tour to have access to final awards.
Most of the Tour events has multiple distances. The longest distances will give the màximum points for the Circuit Ranking.
In case there are different categories in the same event, WETSUIT & NON WETSUIT, the NON WETSUIT category will get most points. If there is only one classification, this is the one OWWT Staff will use to do our Ranking.
*In the Mediterranean Coast Challenge event, due to its middle distance event (Mediterranean) is a competition valid for the OW Spanish Cup, this event will give up to 750pts to the winners, male & female.
** The Italian Open Water Tour counts with 3 different events. These events won’t count separately. For the OWWT Ranking we will use IOWT’s Final Ranking to do our’s.
SOLO SWIM POINTS
All swimmers who would like to valiedate their “solo swims” have to send an email to email@example.com with their validation document. As soon as we have validate it, the swimmer will be included to our ranking, or he/she will obtain the relevant points.
There will be 3 categories for the Solo Swims:
OCEAN’S SEVEN: 500pts
INTERNATIONAL CROSSINGS: 300pts
NATIONAL CROSSINGS: 150pts